I haven't tried this yet but if it works as advertised should make a lot of folks happy.
Here is a list of some of the configuration options that FeatureFix provides:
- Change the default Firefox source code viewer
- Define where the tab bar close button or buttons are located in the browser (every tab, active tab, on the right of the tab bar, no close buttons at all)
- Disable url trimming (removal of http://) and url formatting (greying out subdomains and directories).
- Removal of the go button and bookmark star.
- Display attributes on mouse over, including Alt, Title, Src, Href, Action, Onsubmit and others.
- Disable automatic image resizing
- Display broken image and to-be-loaded image placeholders
- Disable caching
- Disable search suggestions
Ghacks: Firefox Feature Fix, Add-On To Resolve Browser Issues