Earlier this year Mozilla announced it would release Firefox OS phones in the US sometime next year. CNet cites Mozilla Executive Chair Mitchell Baker as saying “currently, there are no plans to launch in the U.S.”
However, you may still be able to get your hands on an unlocked ZTE Open Powered By Firefox OS smart phone via eBay (note this phone does not support 4G/4G LTE).
via Tom’s Hardware
Mozilla released an emergency update for Firefox on November 15, 2013. Firefox 25.0.1 addressed these issues:
- Pages sometimes wouldn’t load without first moving the cursor
- MFSA 2013-103 Miscellaneous Network Security Services (NSS) vulnerabilities
Depending on update settings, users should automatically be prompted to update to Firefox 25.0.1 or may do so manually via Help > About Firefox or downloading and installing via the getfirefox.com site.
“… If you use a web browser for a long time you will get into a flow when you are working with it. You do things a particular way and while it may not be the optimal way in a lot of times, it does work for you and that is all that counts.
“I recently experienced issues — or annoyances — in the Firefox web browser that I did not want to experience any longer.
“What is funny about those is that I published guides here on Ghacks on how to cope with them before, but for whatever reason, did not use the fix myself on this particular version of Firefox.
On we go:”
Details How to fix Firefox annoyances
“… It appears that things will get a lot easier for Mozilla and its user base in the next time as Cisco just announced that it will release a free open source H.264 implementation along with binary modules. …”
Details Cisco to release open H.264 codec. Mozilla to integrate it in Firefox
- Firefox 25
- Firefox for Android 25
- Firefox 24.0.1 ESR
- Firefox 26 Beta (25.0b1)*
- Firefox 27 Aurora (26.0a2)*
- Firefox 26
- Firefox for Android 26
- Firefox 24.0.2 ESR
- Firefox 27 Beta (27.0b1)*
- Firefox 28 Aurora (28.0a2)*
* As part of the new Rapid Release Schedule,dates listed for Aurora and Beta builds reflect when the code merge is set to begin. The actual release to that particular channel may vary by several days.