The next version of Firefox, 6.0 has been released by Mozilla on August 16, 2011. The desktop version of Firefox 6.0 supports the same versions of Windows, Mac OSX and Linux as did Firefox 5.0 and can be downloaded via getfirefox.com or users may be able to update by going to Firefox Button > Help > About Firefox. Firefox 6.0 Mobile supports Android and iPhone.
What’s New In Firefox 6.0? Below is just some of the new stuff in Firefox 6.0, be sure to check out the complete release notes.
- The address bar now highlights the domain of the website you’re visiting [more info]
- Streamlined the look of the site identity block
- Added support for the latest draft version of WebSockets with a prefixed API
- Added support for EventSource / server-sent events
- Added support for window.matchMedia
- Added a new Web Developer menu item and moved development-related items into it
- Improved usability of the Web Console
- Improved the discoverability of Firefox Sync
- Reduced browser startup time when using Panorama
- Fixed several stability issues
- Fixed several security issues